Senior IT Analyst
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) works with partners to spread innovation, build capability and catalyze policy change so that everyone in Canada has safe and high-quality healthcare. Through collaborations with patients, caregivers and people working in healthcare, we turn proven innovations into lasting improvements in all dimensions of healthcare excellence.
If you would like to contribute to the safe and high-quality healthcare of Canadians, apply to the position below and join HEC!
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Director, IT & Knowledge Management
Salary Range: $90,357 - $122,946 - $135,535 (Typical hiring range: $104,504 - $116,798)
Location: Our head office is in Ottawa, Ontario; however, we welcome remote work outside Ottawa or a blend of onsite/work from home within the National Capital region. We are a Pan Canadian Healthcare organization and welcome candidates from across Canada.
Deadline to apply: December 1, 2023 at 11:00am EST
How to apply: Visit https://hecesc.bamboohr.com/jobs/
The Senior Information Technology (IT) Analyst is a strategic role that contributes to the development of a long-term strategy to create and implement agile IT business solutions that help to advance HEC’s strategic goals. The Senior IT Analyst plans, manages, and leads activities for various initiatives that involve IT systems and applications.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Supports the ongoing development, integration, and administration of HEC corporate applications and systems.
- Performs requirement management and analysis activities for projects and operational initiatives.
- Consults with system/application users and project stakeholders to identify, analyze, and document business requirements, specifications, configurations changes, test scenarios and results, recommendations, processes, and solutions, to ensure business priorities are met.
- Presents requirement packages, options, and recommendations, to the senior leadership team, creating buy-in and leading change management from the top.
- Builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders to foster ongoing collaboration between IT and business units, provides subject matter expertise to manoeuvre discussions and influence decisions related to IT, to align with the organization’s corporate plan and strategy.
- Creates documentation, such as policies, processes, procedures, and training, to support internal systems and applications.
- Works with external suppliers as needed to identify new IT solutions, roll-out new features and keep current on emerging products and trends.
- Develops and conducts training to support internal stakeholder with the implementation of new system features or technologies, or to maximize effectiveness with existing applications.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth knowledge of the functionality and configuration settings delivered by specific technologies when leading activities for project and operational initiatives.
For complete details, please see the Job Description.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Science or a related field is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar function is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading and conducting business analysis activities in an IT setting
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Forms, Flow, Power BI, Power Platform, Dynamics), Microsoft certification an asset
- Experienced working in a Cloud-based environment
- Advanced knowledge of Power Platform (Flow, Power Apps, Power BI), Business Central and Dynamics CRM
- Demonstrated understanding of modern security frameworks and principles
- Understanding of Azure Active Directory
- Experience leading process improvement and documenting
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management skills, experience leading small-medium size projects
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Dataverse an asset
- Experience leveraging workflow designs and offering end-user support
- Experience having direct reports, an asset,
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset (English communication skills at Advanced “C” level required)
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to plan and collaborate with other teams and across the organization
- Demonstrated time management skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Applies an agile methodology and mindset, constantly adapting to shifting needs and priorities
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as on a small and dynamic team
- Professionalism, diplomacy, and confidentiality required
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
What HEC can offer You:
- Competitive salary with bilingual bonus
- Full access to our comprehensive benefit plan as of Day 1
- Summer Hours (Office closes at noon on Friday) and holiday break closure in December
- Generous vacation and personal leave plans
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Fitness and Wellness Allowance
- Remote Work/Parking Allowance
- Paid professional association fees
- Educational and development opportunities
- On site (Ottawa) gym and complimentary coffee/tea
- Social activities
*HEC is open to exploring the possibility of secondments and interchanges with other organizations as part of our recruitment process.
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and inclusivity. HEC is committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views, as the more inclusive we are, the more impact we can have. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.