Senior Program Lead (Anticipatory Staffing)
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) works with partners to spread innovation, build capability and catalyze policy change so that everyone in Canada has safe and high-quality healthcare. Through collaborations with patients, caregivers and people working in healthcare, we turn proven innovations into lasting improvements in all dimensions of healthcare excellence.
If you would like to contribute to the safe and high-quality healthcare of Canadians, apply to the position below and join HEC!
Term: Full-time Permanent or Temporary Full-time Contract positions
Reports to: Director of applicable department
Salary Range: $81,600 – $102,000
Location: Our head office is in Ottawa, Ontario; however, we welcome remote work outside Ottawa or a blend of onsite/work from home within the National Capital region. We are a Pan Canadian Healthcare organization and welcome candidates from across Canada.
How to apply: Visit https://hecesc.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Applications will be held on file for a period of six (6) months.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Leads the design, delivery, and analysis of key components of the programs (e.g., structure, curriculum, modalities, partner relationships, presence and outreach strategy, budget, evaluation, and analysis).
- Acts as a cross-organizational liaison to meet HEC program goals and contribute to other HEC strategic areas.
- Leads and manages HEC programs to ensure deliverables and timelines are on track.
- Identifies, creates, represents, distributes, and enables adoption of best practices, policy insights and proven innovations.
- Creates and manages relationships with provincial, territorial, and regional partners.
- Leads and manages environmental scans to support the identification, design, and delivery of programs.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Master’s degree in healthcare improvement, health policy, public administration, public health, epidemiology, health policy, community health, or a related field is required.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in a similar function is required, including at least three (3) years in a supervisory/management role, preferably in a healthcare delivery organization or a not-for-profit organization.
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred (English communication skills at Advanced “C” level required).
- Advanced computer software skills in Microsoft Office suite and virtual environment are required.
- Demonstrated ability working in health and healthcare, particularly quality improvement, or patient safety is required.
- Demonstrated ability to translate clinical and quality improvement knowledge into useful tools that facilitate healthcare improvement implementations required.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Highly developed interpersonal problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to plan and collaborate with other teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
What HEC can offer You:
- Competitive salary with bilingual bonus
- Full access to our comprehensive benefit plan as of Day 1
- Summer Hours (Office closes at noon) and holiday break closure in December
- Generous vacation and personal leave plans
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Fitness and Wellness Allowance
- Remote Work/Parking Allowance
- Paid professional association fees
- Educational and development opportunities
- On site (Ottawa) gym and complimentary coffee/tea
- Social activities
*HEC is open to exploring the possibility of secondments and interchanges with other organizations as part of our recruitment process.
For complete details, please see the Senior Program Lead Job Description.
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and inclusivity. HEC is committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views, as the more inclusive we are, the more impact we can have. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.