Understanding Trauma-Informed Practice and Engagement
Date and Time: February 7, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET
Watch the recording
This webinar featured speakers with lived experience of receiving, providing and leading care. This virtual learning event focused on:
- How structures of inequity, privilege and oppression amplify and re-create trauma by prioritizing the needs of specific groups (i.e. white, able-bodied, cis-gender, non-Indigenous).
- Intergenerational and historical trauma and its effects in the context of engaging with those with lived experience of the health system.
- The role of the healthcare system in inducing or perpetuating trauma among those who have past experiences of trauma.
- Claire Snyman, (she/her), CMA Patient Voice
- Carolyn Shimmin (she/her), George & Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation
- Jake Starratt-Farr (he/they), CMA Patient Voice
- Sudi Barre (she/her), CMA Patient Voice
- Tammy White Quills-Knife (she/her), CMA Patient Voice
- Denise McCuaig, Métis Elder/Indigenous Coach
- Carol Fancott, Director, Patient Engagement & Partnerships, HEC